eBooks & audiobooks, direct & protected
Glassboxx is a direct to consumer (D2C) solution designed to enable authors, publishers and retailers to sell their eBooks – and audiobooks – directly to the end customer, with full, flexible, frictionless Digital Rights Management.
Your customers can buy your digital content direct, read the eBooks, and listen to audiobooks – completely securely with content totally protected, within a single native app on iOS and Android devices, and without the problems of other DRM offerings.
- Send us your digital assets, together with product details. (We host on a secure server.)
- Add the new digital product data to your ONIX feed to populate your existing product pages, and embed the call to our Glassboxx API.
- Your customers can then browse your site, view the new eBook/audiobook formats displayed, add them to their shopping basket – and purchase just as they would a print book.
- Once the transaction is confirmed, your customer will need to download the reader app (on iOS and Android) – log in with the same details as used for their purchase, and their eBooks and audiobooks will be waiting.
The reader app securely houses all the digital content purchased by the customer, and clearly displays each format within their library. Additional content available for purchase will also be surfaced within the app, but purchasable through the website.
So what’s happening behind the scenes?
Our Glassboxx API encrypts your titles with frictionless DRM, and when a sale is made, the title is fulfilled (pushed) into the app immediately, and without the hassle of external account creation and authentication. The title is encrypted with industry-approved, open-source DRM and offers a wealth of fulfilment options:
- Perpetual access
- Title rental – allow content to be purchased for a set time period, at a reduced cost.
- Lending – allow content to be given away to friends for a set period, before being revoked.
- Gifting – buy the book, and give it away in perpetuity to a friend.
What’s the catch?
There really isn’t one. For those of you keen to sell audiobook content direct, with the assurance of title security, this is a real gamechanger.