Our approach combines industry standard practices and our own tried and tested processes developed over more than a decade of website development. A dedicated Project Manager works in tandem with an account director to oversee the entire project from kick-off to launch. Thereafter the account director, technical and design leads continue to oversee the provision, enhancements and support of the client website(s).
Firsty works hard to create websites that help our clients achieve their short and longer-term business objectives. These goals (qualitative and quantitative) are documented at the outset and serve as valuable reference points as we:
- conduct qualitative research and analysis of our client’s competitors and customers
- create a visual design that matches our client’s brand guidelines
- build a technical structure that is flexible and scaleable
- develop databases and applications to support and streamline our client’s business processes and sales and marketing strategies
- optimise (SEO) website structure and content to achieve high search engine rankings (appropriate use of coding, tags, links and key phrases etc.)
- host and protect the website (secure, safe and reliable operation)
- support the development of future enhancements
Firsty’s standardised development approach has 5 phases.
- Research and Planning – We kick-off with the Research Phase where we plan everything complete the Project Plan and Functional Specification.
- Creative – As we complete our research and planning the creative work begins. During the Creative Phase all the visual elements are designed and the Technical Specification completed and approved by you.
- Technical – Once you have approved the site designs we begin development (Technical Phase). All the visual elements and functionality of the sites are brought to life during this phase.
- Testing, Review and Launch – We then conduct a final review with our clients support and test the entire website (Testing & Review Phase). Once the client is happy we will ask for approval to launch the site.
- Hosting & Support – Post launch we host and support the website under comprehensive service level agreements.
On occasion we may chose to adopt a more AGILE approach, in particular if we are breaking new ground. Using an AGILE development approach like SCRUM allows us to build core functionalities based on an approved wireframe before formal designs are finalised. This reduces waiting time, giving developers the opportunity to work in parallel as soon as a base data structure and wireframe are approved.
Once web development projects are underway we keep clients involved at every stage. Together we manage and track progress using a variety of purpose built web tools like Basecamp, Sharepoint MS Project and others.
Development teams always comprise, Account Management, Project Management, Developers, Web Designers, SEO expertise, QA and Testing personnel.
Deliverables & Documentation
Within each phase of the project our clients will receive key deliverables including documentation that we will ask them to approve.
|Project Plan||Document – The Project Bible incl. Definitions; Processes; Roles & Responsibilities; Contact details etc.|
|Functional Specification||Document – High-level features and functionality + Wire frame|
|Risk Workshop||Identify & document perceived project risks and agreed mitigation measures|
|Technical Specifications||Document – including Logical Model Descriptions; Performance Requirements; Site Structure; Page Functionality; Site Functionality; Hosting and Domain Arrangements|
|Wireframes||High Level Designs of web pages|
|Design Mock Ups||Precise Layout, Look and Feel and UX|
|Data Integration Plan||Document – Data preparation, migration and integration approach|
|SEO Plan||Document – Optimisation Actions|
|CMS Training||Formal face to face Magento CMS training for ME and CXC administrators|
|Testing||Data, Web and Software Performance|
|Certification||Documents – PCI/DSS Compliance and DPA|
Time Lines, Phases and Deliverables
|Planning & Research||Creative||Technical||Testing, Review and Launch|
|2-8 weeks||4-8 weeks||8-12 weeks||3-6 weeks|